02 July 2010

My Pledge of Allegiance

As Christine always says, “Just give and receive Love. That is all we have to do.”

This Fourth of July weekend as the nation’s capital prepares for the William Tell Overture and back-lighting the monuments in clouds of pyrotechnics for the annual patriotic salute of flag waving and the glories of history, I find myself alone on a quiet night in the forest between a break in the rain making a different pledge. In the glow of a candle and a solar-charged lamp, across the quilt my mother-in-law sewed by hand, I pledge allegiance to my heart’s inner desire which expresses my eternal Soul’s place in this world, and to this true calling I commit my creative imagination to give and receive Love, without judgment, without expectation, for the freedom and the happiness of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home